|“||I didn't see that coming...||„|
| — Uriel, after Lucifer stabs him|
Uriel was one of the middle-born angels. He was a small child and always wanted to play with Lucifer and his older siblings. However, they excluded him. Since then, he has grown, but he remained subordinate to his elder siblings. His duties include welcoming the souls of deceased, righteous mortals through a speech, which Lucifer describes as being "worse than Hell".
Uriel is mentioned in "Once Upon a Time", as it takes place in an alternate universe created by God where the events that led to Uriel coming to Earth and being killed by Lucifer never happened. He is mentioned when Lucifer is checking his suspicion that Amenadiel has not returned to the Silver City in years and has been stuck on Earth due being unable to return Lucifer to Hell, saying that he had heard that Uriel had grown a mustache. When Amenadiel reacted in surprise, this confirmed it for Lucifer.
Powers and Weaknesses Edit
- Angel Physiology: As an angel, Uriel has their physiology, including superhuman strength and reflexes, immortality, flight, shape-shifting (being able to hide his wings). As well as their weaknesses.
|“||You forget brother, Uriel can play with patterns. He can make a butterfly flap its wings and a housewife gets clamydia||„|
|— Lucifer, describing Uriel's talent for getting around the No Kill policy placed on angels.|
- Lower Nigh-Omniscience: Uriel is a master strategist and has a supernatural understanding of patterns and their consequences. With a slight movement or adjustment to a surrounding object, he can set forth a sequence of events. In the beginning of "Weaponizer", Uriel slightly moved a skateboard, which set a sequence of events that resulted in Chloe's car crash.
- Master Combatant: Despite Uriel's smaller size, he is a very capable fighter. He utilized his ability to notice and recognize patterns in his fight with Lucifer and Mazikeen, winning the fight until Lucifer caught him with a surprise attack and killed him using Azrael's blade.
According to Goddess, "Uriel is a stubborn boy. When he sets his mind, it doesn't waver." Growing up, Uriel looked up to his elder siblings. He kept trying to play with them no matter how many times they excluded him.
He is obedient and a little frightened of his eldest brother, Amenadiel. However, when he realized that Amenadiel is weakened, he took pleasure in knocking Amenadiel over and beating him up.
|To edit this section, go to Lucifer Morningstar/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Mentioned|
|#10||"Quid Pro Ho"||Mentioned|
|#13||"A Good Day to Die"||Appears|
- Uriel is an archangel in certain Jewish and Christian traditions.
- Uriel is the first being that Lucifer has ever killed.
- Uriel was acting on his own, not on God's order.
- Uriel is the fourth comics character to appear in the TV series (after Lucifer, Mazikeen, and Amenadiel).
- There is some disagreement on whether Lucifer or Uriel is older. Amenadiel's speech to Uriel ("Not the eldest son. Not the young rebel. But an angel buried somewhere deep in the middle.") implies that Uriel is older. Yet Goddess, when speaking to Lucifer, implies that Lucifer was included with the older kids while Uriel was not ("All he ever wanted was to play with you and the older kids"). Tricia Helfer, who plays Goddess, confirmed that Uriel is older than Lucifer.
- Uriel is presumably alive in the alternate universe created by God, as Lucifer and Amenadiel mention Uriel and that neither have seen him in years.