|“||Nobody bloody knows [what he wants], because the selfish bastard won't just tell us!||„|
| — Lucifer about God|
God is one of the two co-creators of the Universe and the father of all angels along with Goddess. He is seemingly trying to have Lucifer redeem himself, as shown when he has Frank Lawrence cross paths with him.
God's history is not fully known. He and Goddess fell in love with each other and collectively created the universe, Heaven, and Hell. They had many children, known as Angels. However, when he began to work on humans, their relationship worsened. When Lucifer rebelled, God was so angry that he wanted to destroy Lucifer. Instead, by Goddess' request, he cast Lucifer to Hell to punish the sinful dead mortals for their sins for eternity. Some time later, after Mom had repeatedly used her power to attack humans, God somehow defeated his wife and then stripped her of her immense power before banishing her to hell and appointing Lucifer as her warden. When Cain killed his own brother, God, furious by such an act, cursed Cain to never die and should he die, he would be resurrected, with even methods able to kill angels being unable to kill him. He also had Amenadiel brand Cain with his mark that he made never able to be erased, in order to forever remind Cain of what he did.
Circa 1981, God asked Amenadiel to go down to Earth and bless a couple who were not able to have their own child. The couple was John and Penelope Decker, who later gave birth to Chloe Decker. That was the first and only time God asked Amenadiel to do anything like that.
Powers and Abilities
- Nigh-Omnipotence: God is nearly infinite and unrivaled, except by his former wife, Goddess. He is one of the only two known gods. With Goddess, he created the universe. He also created humanity and is able to curse a human with immortality. Goddess also said that had she not convinced God to spare Lucifer, he would have destroyed him after the rebellion.
- Resurrection: God resurrected Lucifer after he was killed by Malcolm so he can stop Goddess.
- Nigh-Omniscience: God also possesses nearly an infinite amount of knowledge.
- Immortality: God can live for eternity, however it is possible for him to be killed.
- Goddess: As a fellow god, Goddess had similar powers to God before she was severely weakened. According to Uriel, if Goddess regains her former powers, she would be able to kill God.
- Flaming Sword: The Flaming Sword (and its component Azrael's blade) can kill God and completely eradicate his essence.
|To edit this section, go to Lucifer Morningstar/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
|#2||"Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil."||Mentioned|
|#3||"The Would-Be Prince of Darkness"||Mentioned|
|#8||"Et Tu, Doctor?"||Absent|
|#9||"A Priest Walks Into a Bar"||Mentioned|
|#13||"Take Me Back to Hell"||Mentioned|
|#1||"Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"||Mentioned|
|#2||"Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire"||Mentioned|
|#7||"My Little Monkey"||Mentioned|
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Mentioned|
|#10||"Quid Pro Ho"||Mentioned|
|#13||"A Good Day to Die"||Mentioned|
|#15||"Deceptive Little Parasite"||Mentioned|
|#17||"Sympathy for the Goddess"||Mentioned|
|#18||"The Good, the Bad and the Crispy"||Mentioned|
|#1||"They're Back, Aren't They?"||Mentioned|
|#2||"The One with the Baby Carrot"||Mentioned|
|#3||"Mr. & Mrs. Mazikeen Smith"||Absent|
|#4||"What Would Lucifer Do?"||Mentioned|
|#5||"Welcome Back, Charlotte Richards"||Mentioned|
|#6||"Vegas With Some Radish"||Mentioned|
|#7||"Off the Record"||Absent|
|#8||"Chloe Does Lucifer"||Mentioned|
|#10||"The Sin Bin"||Mentioned|
|#11||"City of Angels?"||Mentioned|
|#12||"All About Her"||Mentioned|
|#13||"Til Death Do Us Part"||Mentioned|
|#14||"My Brother's Keeper"||Mentioned|
|#15||"High School Poppycock"||Mentioned|
|#16||"Infernal Guinea Pig"||Mentioned|
|#17||"Let Pinhead Sing!"||Mentioned|
|#18||"The Last Heartbreak"||Mentioned|
|#19||"Orange is the New Maze"||Mentioned|
|#20||"The Angel of San Bernardino"||Mentioned|
|#21||"Anything Pierce Can Do I Can Do Better"||Mentioned|
|#22||"All Hands on Decker"||Mentioned|
|#24||"A Devil of My Word"||Mentioned|
|#26||"Once Upon a Time"||TBD|
- In the comics, God is known as the Presence, who is the creator of the DC Multiverse and is truly omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- In "Favorite Son", Linda claims that Lucifer is God's favorite child after doing research on the devil. However in "Sympathy for the Goddess", an ancient Sumerian text claims that the key for the Flaming Sword was given to God's favorite son. The key is revealed to be Amenadiel's necklace strongly implying that he is God's favorite.
- In "Quid Pro Ho", Lucifer implies Nietzsche is his father's killer. This might be a references to the famous quote "God is dead".
- Amenadiel notes God has a tendency to overreact.
- He nearly erased Lucifer from existence for rebelling against him (which was just Lucifer's way of expressing his pain at being ignored by him) until Goddess convinced him to send Lucifer to hell instead.
- He cursed Cain with immortality for killing Abel (which was the first murder ever). Cain views this as an overreaction as both brothers wanted to kill each other.