|“||At first, I didn't understand why God put you in my path, but then it hit me. Maybe he put me in yours.||„|
| — Frank, commenting on God's plan|
in "A Priest Walks Into a Bar"
God is one of the two co-creators of the Universe and the father of all angels along with Goddess. He is seemingly trying to have Lucifer redeem himself, as shown when he has Frank Lawrence cross paths with him.
God's history is not fully known. He and Goddess collectively created the universe, Heaven, and Hell. They had many children, known as Angels. However, when he began to work on humans, their relationship worsened. When Lucifer rebelled, God was so angry that he wanted to destroy Lucifer. Instead, by Mom's request, he cast Lucifer to Hell to punish the dead mortals for their sins for eternity. Some time later, he also banished Mom to Hell and appointed Lucifer as her warden.
Circa 1981, God asked Amenadiel to go down to Earth and bless a couple who were not able to have their own child. The couple was John and Penelope Decker, who later gave birth to Chloe Decker. That was the first and only time God asked Amenadiel to do anything like that.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Nigh-Omnipotence: God is nearly infinite and unrivaled, except by his former wife, Goddess. He is one of the only two known gods.
- Nigh-Omniscience: God also possesses nearly an infinite amount of knowledge.
- Immortality: God can live for all eternity, however it is possible for him to be killed.the only known things that have the power to destroy god are goddess and the flaming sword.
- Goddess: As a fellow god, Goddess had similar powers to God before she was severely weakened. According to Uriel, if Mom regains her former powers, she would be able to kill God.
- flaming sword:the flaming sword (and it's piece azrael blade)can kill god and completely eradicate his essence should he take on human body.
|To edit this section, go to Lucifer Morningstar/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
- In the comics, God is known as the Presence, who is the creator of the DC Multiverse and is truly omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- In "Favorite Son", Linda claims that Lucifer is God's favorite child after doing research on the Devil. However in Sympathy for the Goddess the key for the Flaming Sword was revealed to have been given to God's favorite son, the key is revealed to be Amenadiel's necklace strongly implying that he is in fact God's favorite.
- In "Quid Pro Ho", Lucifer implies Nietzsche is his father's killer. This might be a references to the famous quote "God is dead".