|“||You know that if you had possessed the Flaming Sword, the weapon that guarded Eden, the weapon that can cut through anything, even the Gates of Heaven itself, well, you would've won that rebellion.||„|
| — Charlotte to Lucifer|
in "Candy Morningstar"
Another piece, the Medallion of Life, was left on Earth. It was found by Earl Johnson and is capable of healing.
The third piece, the key, binds the parts together, was left in the possession of 'God's Favorite Son' and was discovered to be the necklace hanging from Amenadiel.
The Flaming Sword is the weapon that guarded Eden. However, during Lucifer's rebellion, God split the sword into three pieces, fearing that Lucifer would use it against him. Most, including Lucifer, believed the weapon to be destroyed.
The blade became Azrael's, one of Lucifer and Uriel's sisters. Before Uriel came to Earth, he stole his sister's blade. He intended to use it to permanently kill their mother. However, after battling against Lucifer and Maze, he was killed by Lucifer using the blade.
In "Candy Morningstar", Charlotte revealed that the blade was actually the Flaming Sword that Lucifer had believed was destroyed. Charlotte said that the sword can cut through anything, even the Gates of Heaven, and that Lucifer would have won during his rebellion if he had possessed the blade.
In "Candy Morningstar", Lucifer was able to activate the blade's fire but only while feeling intense pain.
In "God Johnson" it was revealed that Azrael's blade is only one of the pieces of the Flaming Sword. Another piece was accidentally found by Earl Johnson, a human, in a Navajo gift shop. It grants the holder divine knowledge, immunity and healing abilities.
In "Sympathy for the Goddess", from an ancient text that was written in Sumerian, Amenadiel learns that the that God separated the blade into three pieces which are: Azrael's Blade "The Blade of Death", Johnson's Belt Buckle "The Medallion of Life", and the third piece is the key that binds the parts together and was entrusted to God's Favorite Son. Amenadiel initially thought that the ring Lucifer always wore was that key since he believed Lucifer to be God's Favorite Son, but while the two were squabbling, Lucifer noticed that the ornament Amenadiel was wearing around his neck was floating towards the sword.
The blade's powers include:
- Eradication: Lucifer has stated that if someone was killed by Azrael's Blade, their very essence would be wiped out of existence, completely eradicating them from reality.
- Enticement: It holds the power to beckon to the one holding the blade to fulfill its purpose. Celestial beings have the strength to resist its call to commit murder, but humans are not as capable and it would take someone with immense willpower to fight off its seduction.
- Pyrokinesis: The blade can ignite, although this capability is severely reduced due to not being in its true form. This is displayed in "Trip to Stabby Town" and in "Deceptive Little Parasite", when Lucifer held the blade while angry and feeling intense emotional pain.
- Extreme Sharpness: The blade is extremely sharp and is said to be able to cut through anything, even the Gates of Heaven. Even in the hands of Dan, a human, it was able to easily cut through stone.
The medallion's powers include:
- Divine Knowledge: Since humans are not meant to wield it, it take over the mind of the human possessing it and give them temporary awareness of the divine and memories of its creator at the time of the objects creation. This partial memory only stretch back to a time prior to Lucifer's rebellion as Earl Johnson had the ability to recognize Lucifer without introduction by calling him Samael, yet lacks memories of Lucifer's rebellion as well not knowing about God's banishment of his wife to Hell.
- Immunity: It gives the holder certain immunity, e.g. from drugs. It will also shield its mortal wielder from Lucifer's gift to compel the truth out of people.
- Healing: It gives the holder the power to heal people from grave injures.
The Key's powers include:
- Levitation: The key is drawn towards the Sword and will levitate towards and point to other two pieces while in close proximity to the other two pieces.
Combined, the Flaming Sword, has the additional powers:
- Dimensional Slicing: The blade can cut through the Gates of Heaven, slicing through dimensional boundaries.
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Appears|
|#13||"A Good Day to Die"||Appears|
|#15||"Deceptive Little Parasite"||Appears|
- The appearance of the blade changed from its initial debut in subsequent episodes.