|“||You think Chloe divorced me because I'm a perfect guy? I did a lot of things that I'm not proud of, man. And I'm just trying to work through them.||„|
| — Dan to Lucifer|
in "My Little Monkey"
Daniel "Dan" Espinoza is a homicide detective in Los Angeles, working as a member of the LAPD. This leads him to interact with Lucifer Morningstar when Lucifer decides to help the LAPD solve cases. Dan dislikes Lucifer quite a bit, due to Lucifer calling him "Detective Douche" and his connection to Dan's ex-wife, Chloe Decker, and daughter, Trixie.
Dan is the ex-husband of Chloe Decker. Together, they had a daughter named Trixie. He is currently an active member of the LAPD and is secretly known for being the responsible of the Pallmeto case, which troubled Chloe. Even though Dan dislikes Lucifer, he still stood against Malcolm when it came to killing Lucifer.
Throughout the Series Edit
|This section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
At the beginning of the series, Dan and Chloe are separated. They later rekindle their relationship and share a kiss in "Et Tu, Doctor?". However, things do not work out and they agree to divorce in "Sin-Eater".
|#2||"Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil."||Appears|
|#3||"The Would-Be Prince of Darkness"||Appears|
|#8||"Et Tu, Doctor?"||Appears|
|#9||"A Priest Walks Into a Bar"||Appears|
|#13||"Take Me Back to Hell"||Appears|
|#1||"Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"||Appears|
|#2||"Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire"||Appears|
|#7||"My Little Monkey"||Appears|
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Appears|
|#10||"Quid Pro Ho"||Appears|
|#13||"A Good Day to Die"||Appears|
|#15||"Deceptive Little Parasite"||TBD|
|#17||"Sympathy for the Goddess"||TBD|
|#18||"The Good, the Bad and the Crispy"||TBD|
|To edit this section, go to Chloe Decker/Family.|
|John Decker†||Penelope Decker|
|Chloe Decker||Dan Espinoza|
- Solid lines denote parent-child blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
- Dan's last name, Espinoza, was revealed in Wingman.
- The irony of the last name is that Espinoso means "thorny", and Kevin Alejandro stated in Dan's character preview that Dan is a thorn in Lucifer's side.
- Nicholas Gonzalez was initially announced as the actor playing Dan on March 12, 2015 and was on the Pilot episode shown in the San Diego Comic Con. However, he was recast by Kevin Alejandro in following episodes.
- ↑ Kevin Alejandro replaced Nicholas as a regular in Dan's recasting on July 2015. Kevin Alejandro Joins Fox Series ‘Lucifer’ As Regular In Recasting