|“||What's that saying? "When my dear husband closes a door, he opens a window"? The window just opened.||„|
| — Charlotte to Amenadiel|
in "Trip to Stabby Town"
God and the Goddess of Creation were two celestial beings who fell in love with each other. According to Lucifer, they had sex, thereby creating the universe. They had many children together, whom were called angels. They also created a home, which became known as Heaven.
Years later, God started focusing on a new project, humanity. God's project caused the Goddess to become distant and both neglected their family. The Goddess despised humans and wished for their undoing. Feeling neglected, Lucifer acted out and rebelled. Angered by Lucifer's rebellion, God wanted to destroy him, but his wife convinced him to eternally banish Lucifer to Hell instead.
Eventually, the Goddess's hatred for humans grew even more. She caused floods and plagues, angered at the time and effort her husband put into their creation instead of their relationship and children. For this reason, God cast her into Hell as well, banishing her from Heaven and appointing Lucifer as her warden. Lucifer, believing that his mother remained indifferent when God cast him out, assigned Mazikeen to torture her.
Thousands of years later, five years after Lucifer abandoned Hell to live a life on Earth, the Goddess was able to use her limited strength to escape Hell and come to Earth. There, she ventured to Los Angeles, where she took possession of various deceased bodies. After three days, she found Lucifer while in the body of Charlotte Richards, which she has since remained in.
Throughout the Series Edit
In "Everything's Coming Up Lucifer", she was able to find Lucifer and show up at his doorstep, experiencing the body's shock that resulted from the soul having previously died.
Charlotte is fearless and has a strong conviction for who she is and what she deserves. However, she and Lucifer do not share the same opinion when it comes to humanity. Everything that fascinates Lucifer about people repels his mother with disdain, which is evident from that fact that she is trapped in a human body for her stay on Earth. Despite this, her experiences in her human vessel have seemingly piqued her interest in humanity to want to learn more.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Immortality: Charlotte has been stated to be eternal.
- Superhuman Strength: During a brief struggle with a robber, she instinctively pushes him, sending him flying across a parking lot and into the wall, which effectively kills him.
- Cosmic Awareness: Being the Mother of Angels and God's former wife, Mom possesses nearly infinite knowledge. However, she is not aware of events happening outside of her human horizon.
- Vessel Possession: Mom has to use a human vessel in order to interact with beings on Earth. She can possess bodies of recently deceased humans and use each vessel until it dies again. In "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire", Mom takes possession of a series of recently deceased humans throughout Los Angeles, but each ends up dead until she possesses Charlotte Richards.
- Healing Factor: Mom is able to heal her vessel's body when she enters it. However, her power is limited and she is unable to heal her vessel afterwards.
Former powers Edit
- Nigh-Omnipotence: Collectively with God, she created the Universe. Originally, she was powerful enough to kill God. Rumors say she caused plagues and floods on Earth. However, her powers have seemingly been greatly reduced after she was banished to Hell. According to her, she is no longer the Goddess of All Creation.
- Nigh-Omniscience: Originally, Mom was able to perceive events happening anywhere throughout the universe, in Heaven or in Hell. Despite her powers not being at their peak, she was able to gain a superb understanding of human law enforcement after reading a number of books on the subjects for only a few days.
- Physical attacks to her host: Physical injuries can harm and kill Mom's host on Earth.
- God: God was the one who cast her out and imprisoned her in Hell.
- Azrael's Blade: Were she to be stabbed with Azrael's blade while she is weakened and in her human vessel, her essence would be completely eradicated from existence.
|To edit this section, go to Lucifer Morningstar/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
|#13||"Take Me Back to Hell"||Mentioned|
|#1||"Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"||Appears|
|#2||"Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire"||Appears|
|#7||"My Little Monkey"||Credit only|
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Appears|
|#10||"Quid Pro Ho"||Appears|
|#13||"A Good Day to Die"||Appears|
|#15||"Deceptive Little Parasite"||TBD|
|#17||"Sympathy for the Goddess"||TBD|
|#18||"The Good, the Bad and the Crispy"||TBD|