|“||You really think I need your help? You? Pathetic, small Uriel? Not the eldest son, not the young rebel, but an angel buried somewhere deep in the middle, lost, in the crowd of your betters. If God wants something done! ...he sends me, Uri. Me. Not you. I am Amenadiel, the fury and the righteousness of our father, and you, little brother, are standing in my way.||„|
| — Amenadiel to Uriel|
in "The Weaponizer"
Amenadiel is the eldest child of God and Goddess. As a child, he played with his siblings, however, he and the other older children often excluded Uriel from their activities. Regardless, Uriel and many of the other angels admired Amenadiel.
Circa 1981, for unknown reasons, God asked something of Amenadiel that he never asked before; to go down to Earth and bless a couple who were unable to have a child of their own. That couple was John and Penelope Decker, who would then give birth to Chloe Decker. That was the first and only time God had ever asked Amenadiel to do anything in the same manner.
Throughout the Series Edit
|This section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
In "Sympathy for the Goddess", an ancient Sumerian text claims that the key for the Flaming Sword was given to God's favorite son. The key is revealed to be Amenadiel's necklace strongly implying that he is God's favorite.
Amenadiel is a head-strong angel. He is extremely loyal to his father, God. He has shown great determination to complete whatever task his father assigns to him; this along with his disdain of taking up the mantle as Sovereign of Hell has led him to go through great lengths to get Lucifer to go back to Hell, going as far as lying and manipulating Dr. Linda Martin and resurrecting Malcolm to do so. However Amenadiel is not without remorse; when he befriended Dr. Martin in order to manipulate Lucifer he truly thought of her as a friend and when he realized when the consequences of his action had begun to hurt people he felt guilty and sought to make things right.
However, when Amenadiel fell, he started to become weary of God's choices.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Angel Physiology: As an angel, Amenadiel has their physiology, including superhuman strength and reflexes, immortality, flight, shape-shifting (being able to hide his wings). However, even though he is the eldest angel, he was weaker than Lucifer and Lucifer overpowered him in a fight. Furthermore, Amenadiel is currently weakened and his wings are damaged. However, he is still stronger than normal humans, as shown when he held off three hospital security guards.
- Chronokinesis (weakened): Amenadiel is able to slow down time when he converses with his brother Lucifer, able to thus keep his presence on Earth invisible to humans and move through crowds of them undetected. Lucifer implied that he could travel through time. He has also demonstrated using his ability to make objects fall in slow motion. Due to his fall as an angel, his abilities over time had begun to wane, as he soon began to only be able to keep time slowed for a few moments, not for as long as he wanted, this caused his abilities to suddenly wear off without his control, notably revealing himself to the people at Chloe's precinct as having sneaked into her office. Also while trying to keep a handful of rocks suspended in mid air with his time abilities, they suddenly fell to the floor without his control. In "The Good, the Bad and the Crispy", Amenadiel was able to considerably slow time to allow Maze to save Linda. However, this took intense concentration and left him exhausted afterwards. In "They're Back, Aren't They?", Amenadiel tells Lucifer that this appears to have been "a one time thing" as he has since been unable to replicate the effect or use any of his other powers.
- Resurrection (formerly): When a dying Malcolm was taken off the machine, Amenadiel brought him back to life from his ward window. Due to his status as a fallen angel, he appears currently unable to bring back the dead.
- Teleportation (formerly): Amenadiel was able to travel between realms and was capable of appearing anywhere before losing much of his divinity.
- Expert Combatant: Amenadiel is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant, able to swiftly gain the upper hand against the demon Maze in a duel, even mocking her. Even without his powers, Amenadiel could fight off three hospital security guards. However, as shown in "#TeamLucifer", Amenadiel is an inferior fighter to Lucifer.
|To edit this section, go to Lucifer Morningstar/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
|#2||"Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil."||Appears|
|#3||"The Would-Be Prince of Darkness"||Credit only|
|#8||"Et Tu, Doctor?"||Credit only|
|#9||"A Priest Walks Into a Bar"||Appears|
|#13||"Take Me Back to Hell"||Appears|
|#1||"Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"||Appears|
|#2||"Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire"||Appears|
|#7||"My Little Monkey"||Credit only|
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Appears|
|#10||"Quid Pro Ho"||Appears|
|#13||"A Good Day to Die"||Appears|
|#15||"Deceptive Little Parasite"||Appears|
|#17||"Sympathy for the Goddess"||Appears|
|#18||"The Good, the Bad and the Crispy"||Appears|
|#1||"They're Back, Aren't They?"||Appears|
|#2||"The One with the Baby Carrot"||Appears|
|#3||"Mr. & Mrs. Mazikeen Smith"||Mentioned|
|#4||"What Would Lucifer Do?"||Appears|
|#5||"Welcome Back, Charlotte Richards"||Credit only|
|#6||"Vegas With Some Radish"||Credit only|
|#7||"Off the Record"||Mentioned|
|#8||"Chloe Does Lucifer"||Appears|
Behind the scenesEdit
- While Chloe was immune to Lucifer's charm, she was affected by Amenadiel's presence.
- Amenadiel was the one who started the association of Lucifer to the figure of a goat, which Lucifer absolutely abhors.
- Amenadiel is the eldest angel.
- In the comics, Amenadiel is a supporting antagonist. He is a strong angel who despises Lucifer and is bent on killing him.
- Amenadiel at the DC Comics Datebase