|“||You really think I need your help? You? Pathetic, small Uriel? Not the eldest son, not the young rebel, but an angel buried somewhere deep in the middle, lost, in the crowd of your betters. If God wants something done! ...he sends me, Uri. Me. Not you. I am Amenadiel, the fury and the righteousness of our father, and you, little brother, are standing in my way.||„|
| — Amenadiel to Uriel|
in "The Weaponizer"
Amenadiel is the eldest child of God and Charlotte. As a child, he played with his siblings, however, he and the other older children often excluded Uriel from their activities. Regardless, Uriel and many of the other angels admired Amenadiel.
Circa 1981, for unknown reasons, God asked something of Amenadiel that he never asked before; to go down to Earth and bless a couple who were unable to have a child of their own. That couple was John and Penelope Decker, who would then give birth to Chloe Decker. That was the first and only time God had ever asked Amenadiel to do anything in the same manner.
Throughout the Series Edit
|This section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Angel Physiology: As an angel, Amenadiel has their physiology, including superhuman strength and reflexes, immortality, flight, shape-shifting (being able to hide his wings). However, even though he is the eldest angel, he was weaker than Lucifer and Lucifer overpowered him in a fight. Furthermore, Amenadiel is currently weakened and his wings are damaged.
- Chronokinesis (weakened): Amenadiel is able to slow down time when he converses with his brother Lucifer, able to thus keep his presence on Earth invisible to humans and move through crowds of them undetected. Lucifer implied that he could travel through time. He has also demonstrated using his ability to make objects fall in slow motion. For unknown reasons, his abilities over time had begun to wane, as he soon began to only be able to keep time slowed for a few moments, not for as long as he wanted, this caused his abilities to suddenly wear off without his control, notably revealing himself to the people at Chloe's precinct as having sneaked into her office. Also while trying to keep a handful of rocks suspended in mid air with his time abilities, they suddenly fell to the floor without his control.
- Resurrection: When a dying Malcolm was taken off the machine, Amenadiel brought him back to life from his ward window.
- Expert Combatant: Amenadiel is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant, able to swiftly gain the upper hand against the demon Maze in a duel, even mocking her. Even without his powers, Amenadiel could fight off three security guards in a hospital.
- Demonic Weapons Forged in Hell: In "Take Me Back to Hell", it is shown that demon weapons can cause fatal injury to an angel when Amenadiel is stabbed with one of Maze's knives by Malcolm.
- Supernatural beings: Supernatural beings (i.e. gods, angels, and demons) are able to cause physical harm to each other.
|To edit this section, go to Lucifer Morningstar/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
|#2||"Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil."||Appears|
|#3||"The Would-Be Prince of Darkness"||Credit only|
|#8||"Et Tu, Doctor?"||Appears|
|#9||"A Priest Walks Into a Bar"||Appears|
|#13||"Take Me Back to Hell"||Appears|
|#1||"Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"||Appears|
|#2||"Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire"||Appears|
|#7||"My Little Monkey"||Credit only|
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Appears|
|#10||"Quid Pro Ho"||Appears|
|#13||"A Good Day to Die"||Appears|
|#15||"Deceptive Little Parasite"||TBD|
|#17||"Sympathy for the Goddess"||TBD|
|#18||"The Good, the Bad and the Crispy"||TBD|
|#19||"Mr. & Mrs. Mazikeen Smith"||TBD|
Behind the scenesEdit
- While Chloe was immune to Lucifer's charm, she was affected by Amenadiel's presence.
- Amenadiel was the one who started the association of Lucifer to the figure of a goat, which Lucifer absolutely abhors.
- Amenadiel is the eldest angel.
- In the comics, Amenadiel is a supporting antagonist. He is a strong angel who despises Lucifer and is bent on killing him.
- Amenadiel at the DC Comics Datebase